No announcement yet.

health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully it will be a speedy recovery, its only been a couple days and then you will be up and at em! Wishin you the best!

Comment

• i was able to talk to my back doctor yesterday, did not understand what happened and really needed to know, i was in the or because of major complications when trying to remove the device in my back by a different HAC DOCTOR, there was a 50% chance of being in a wheelchair and having to start from scratch to learn all motor skills from waist down, there was a air flight on standby to take me to rush Trama center in Indianapolis, but my doctor, Dr Hyder, kept going and did get it out including the hardware that had came apart, also had to take out every piece holding my back together from the surgery he did a year ago. a lot of risk, had to inspect every fusion to make sure they had taken. if i would have waited till after boat season and just took a lot of pain meds, it could or as he said would have been a disaster, when i asked about starting pt again he said , i do not want you doing anything this month, sit still and take it day at a time. i just pray all this is almost over because i just feel i am at my limit for getting threw this stuff anymore, hopefully next season will be getting back to normal and gas will not be so high. i take a lot of blame for some of this because i am the kind of guy that just can not sit still, its time for me to learn that part.so take pictures guys , can not wait to see all of you out on your boats.

Comment

• Hang in there Jeff!!! You got this!!

Comment

• hi everyone, this was really hard but somehow again, i am pulling out of this even surprising, my doctors looking forward to start reading everything that i have missed, my back surgeon, said that he would be upset if i am not on the lake by middle of July, he also said that does not mean 100mph runs. He surprised me on that one, I have pictures, but they are really bad, i cannot even look at them but do have the new x-ray now, i think i am now part robot., never thought i would have higher dollar aftermarket parts in me then my 272. so, i am up walking and able to drive, i truly have someone above watching over me.

Comment

• Awesome to hear! BTW, 100MPH on smooth water has to be easier on the back then 45 in 2 or 3 footers so wind that thing up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ApexerER View Post
              Awesome to hear! BTW, 100MPH on smooth water has to be easier on the back then 45 in 2 or 3 footers so wind that thing up!!!
              True but he runs on lake Michigan to be able to stretch it's legs and that lake very very rarely is flat...

Comment

• i will have to use the seat instead of standing up the way i prefer, i still have to get the new sea pump in and a few other things and that would have to depend on my friends helping, also i look forward to going out on cedar lake for fireworks on the 4th of July, as of now we have had no rain and the lake is very low, no way i will scrap a prop for that, that is where the sunsport would have been perfect. i started pt yesterday but it is a tall order to think i will be ready, if we get the boat together my best friend will be driving until we are ready to pull in and off the docks and i am perfectly ok with that. i will post the one picture of my back with a x ray and i think everyone will understand what i just went threw, thanks guys,

Comment

• Originally posted by jefflee1988sunsport View Post
                  i will have to use the seat instead of standing up the way i prefer, i still have to get the new sea pump in and a few other things and that would have to depend on my friends helping, also i look forward to going out on cedar lake for fireworks on the 4th of July, as of now we have had no rain and the lake is very low, no way i will scrap a prop for that, that is where the sunsport would have been perfect. i started pt yesterday but it is a tall order to think i will be ready, if we get the boat together my best friend will be driving until we are ready to pull in and off the docks and i am perfectly ok with that. i will post the one picture of my back with a x ray and i think everyone will understand what i just went threw, thanks guys,
                  If we were closer I'd be there helping you out!

Comment

• i really know in my heart that you would, i wish some of us could plan a trip and get together, just great people and their family's on this site.

Comment

• this surgery should have been the thread you start by saying life changes have made me put my boat for sale. if not for my n , church, friends, doctors, and my private rn that comes to my house 3 times a week and people that live around me cutting my lawn and checking in with me , i would have not got threw this. my doctors are saying there is no medical reason they can come up with to explain how i am healing and have no nerve damage in my legs although. this is really the only one i can show, that is l5 to s1 all the way up and my back is strait and all disks are spaced perClick image for larger version  Name:	20220602_104242.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	114953 it was hard to start walking again

Comment

• Originally posted by jefflee1988sunsport View Post
                        this surgery should have been the thread you start by saying life changes have made me put my boat for sale. if not for my n , church, friends, doctors, and my private rn that comes to my house 3 times a week and people that live around me cutting my lawn and checking in with me , i would have not got threw this. my doctors are saying there is no medical reason they can come up with to explain how i am healing and have no nerve damage in my legs although. this is really the only one i can show, that is l5 to s1 all the way up and my back is strait and all disks are spaced perClick image for larger version Name:	20220602_104242.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	114953 it was hard to start walking again
                        Dang! Prayers answered is all you can go with.......Can't wait to see pics of you out on the 272

Comment

• sorry, computer acting up, was saying all disk are perfect, just seen you can see the first row of staples, i just blessed to be up walking and able to drive already

Comment

• i am happy to finally close this thread. it will take me longer to heal from the last and hardest surgery but all is good, want to thank everyone for your prayers and nice words but it is time for me to start enjoying retirement, thanks everyone.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jefflee1988sunsport Find out more about jefflee1988sunsport
                            Working...
                            X