bimini top and cockpit cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bimini top and cockpit cover

I have a 2005 baja 342 my first season with it and love it however I have a problem I could use some help with I use cockpit cover everytime I trailer which is most every weekend so question is how to leave bimini top on boat but in sock and use cockpit cover at same time ? do I need to have cockpit cover customized to allow use of bimini top ? thought maybe some of you fellow baja brothers had experience with this , any help would be appreciated

Re: bimini top and cockpit cover

Originally posted by cruisin-charlie View Post
    I have a 2005 baja 342 my first season with it and love it however I have a problem I could use some help with I use cockpit cover everytime I trailer which is most every weekend so question is how to leave bimini top on boat but in sock and use cockpit cover at same time ? do I need to have cockpit cover customized to allow use of bimini top ? thought maybe some of you fellow baja brothers had experience with this , any help would be appreciated
    I don't have one, sorry

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

Comment

My 212 cockpit cover is cut out for the Bimini top, so I can do just what you are talking about. Mine seems to have come from the factory that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My bimini stows covered on the rear sundeck, so my cover goes over the whole thing. But it's a custom cover...I don't think the stock cockpit-only cover has enough 'room' in it for doing it this way. You may end up having to get a custom one made.
        Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

Comment

my top that i had custom made folds down to the back seat and swim platform and the cockpit cover and the full cover go over the top ,i just undue it with quick connects and let it lay down and then put what ever cover on that is needed for what i am using the boat for.

Comment

Originally posted by stude View Post
            My 212 cockpit cover is cut out for the Bimini top, so I can do just what you are talking about. Mine seems to have come from the factory that way.

Thanks for the help I was thinking of having my cockpit cover cut out as you describe just concerned about if I would still be able to trailer it without getting too much air under cover and loosing it on the road or destroying it .

Comment

Thanks for the help I was thinking of having my cockpit cover cut out as you describe just concerned about if I would still be able to trailer it without getting too much air under cover and loosing it on the road or destroying it .
              I’ve never had issues with my cover while towing. I’ll post a picture of mine if I can remember to take a picture of it this weekend

Comment

My bimini will lay down with the cockpit cover on. Though, it will not stand on the back posts with it on.

Comment

Working...
                X