seat back repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat back repair

I found there just wasn't anything left of a good portion of the plastic seat frame (so much for not using wood!) along the upper perimeter, so I set about fixing it. Discovered that a plastic file folder I had laying around was essentially the same material AND the same thickness (about .100 thick) as the pieces that were missing. Made a cardboard template, transferred it to the plastic, got out the ROTOZIP tool I'd bought 10 years ago and had never used, carved out what I wanted, used plastic weld cement to bond it in, stapled everything back with MONEL staples, and now am just waiting on the double end Christmas tree fasteners to arrive Tuesday to call it done.
    Thanks to all who had contributed to getting me on the right path with this project!
    Attached Files
    Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

more...
    Attached Files

Comment

Well done!!!
      I won’t call it an easy boat repair but definitely has to be one of the cheaper

so have you taken the other side off to see what shape it’s in?

the US postal service will be contacting you soon about using their boxes for unintended purposes, no idea how they got your name or those pictures! 😎😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
      Last edited by Kefurr; 07-31-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

nice job, looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kefurr View Post
          Well done!!!
          I won’t call it an easy boat repair but definitely has to be one of the cheaper

so have you taken the other side off to see what shape it’s in?

the US postal service will be contacting you soon about using their boxes for unintended purposes, no idea how they got your name or those pictures! 😎😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
          lol...yeah, ya gotta love those ANNONYMOUS tips, huh?

The other side is all nice and tight and seems great still...so I don't think I will mess with it. I believe this one got damaged due to it being the side of the boat we get into whilst docked at the lake slip, and one tends to kind of grab in that area whilst stepping in...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tablerocker Find out more about tablerocker
          Working...
          X