Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

power steering pump cross reference...I am NOT paying $900.00 for one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering pump cross reference...I am NOT paying $900.00 for one!

Checked a couple of marine parts sites to price a power steering pump "just for grins" and was literally floored by the nearly $1k price! I've seen this exact pump on dozens of GM cars and trucks over the years, or at least it seems to be the same. Has anyone ever replaced one with an automotive one? Got a part number by chance?

Attached Files
    Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

Just get a pump for a 90-94 Chevy truck and use the fitting and spring from the marine pump, automotive have lower pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kefurr View Post
      Just get a pump for a 90-94 Chevy truck and use the fitting and spring from the marine pump, automotive have lower pressure.
      That sounds like a Plan. I see Rock Auto has them for about $50.00 for a rebuilt unit which I am sure would work fine. Crazy the 'marine mark-up'!
      Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

Comment

i just went threw this, the power steering pump was 900$ but is 134$ on amazon and it was perfect, not a rebuilt, i will grab the box and give you the part #

Comment

go to amazon, part #18-7508, its 135$ and i promise this is the right one, went crazy trying 2 wrong one before i got this one. you will have to change the mounting studs on the back, ours are longer, 18 socket and you are done in 2 minutes.
          Last edited by jefflee1988sunsport; 07-27-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tablerocker Find out more about tablerocker
          Working...
          X