Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who insures your Baja???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who insures your Baja???

    I was with World Wide and got a quote from Allstate for half what I was paying with Worldwide. I'm now with Allstate.

  • #2
    Re: Who insures your Baja???

    I guess i need to check Allstate since house and 3 vehicles are with them. After being quoted a hell of a great rate while purchasing boat, ended up going with Foremost.
    Keith
    Lake Conroe, Tx

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Who insures your Baja???

      I got a random call from NBOA yesterday. I talked to the lady back in Aug/Sept when I almost bought a 25...told her I was going to hold off till Spring. Well I forgot bout it but she called yesterday.....shot me ~$650 for HO's and 500K! Told her to check with underwriting and let me know...that's where I keep getting shot down.

      Currently mine is with Foremost.... $1022/yr.... cheapest I could get anywhere......... Think I need more KY...
      DAVE -N- KELI
      "NAUTI ONE"
      SPRING, TX.

      "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Who insures your Baja???

        Here was my "too good to be true" quote that i received and at the last minute jumped to over $1000/yr:


        Vessel, Engine(s) and Equipment 50,000 500 ded.
        Tender Value 0 0
        Tender Outboard 0
        Trailer 3,000 250 ded.
        Personal Effects 10,000 250 ded,
        Liability 300,000
        LS&HW 300,000
        Uninsured Boat Owners 300,000
        Fuel Spill Liability See Note Below
        Medical Payments 25,000
        Towing and Emergency Services 1,500


        Total Annual Premium $ 466.00
        Alternate Deductibles and Premiums
        Deductible Premium
        --------------------------------
        500.00 466.00
        1,000.00 419.00
        1,500.00 403.00
        Keith
        Lake Conroe, Tx

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Who insures your Baja???

          Originally posted by Firehill View Post
          Here was my "too good to be true" quote that i received and at the last minute jumped to over $1000/yr:


          Vessel, Engine(s) and Equipment 50,000 500 ded.
          Tender Value 0 0
          Tender Outboard 0
          Trailer 3,000 250 ded.
          Personal Effects 10,000 250 ded,
          Liability 300,000
          LS&HW 300,000
          Uninsured Boat Owners 300,000
          Fuel Spill Liability See Note Below
          Medical Payments 25,000
          Towing and Emergency Services 1,500


          Total Annual Premium $ 466.00
          Alternate Deductibles and Premiums
          Deductible Premium
          --------------------------------
          500.00 466.00
          1,000.00 419.00
          1,500.00 403.00
          Remember to cover yourself if your worth anything like retirement, house, car, cash in the bank, stocks, bonds 401K, you need a policy to cover that stuff. Any boating accident your in someone is going to point at neglect. That is the hardest thing to prove you weren't especially if you have had a drink or two. Remember the higher the liability coverage the harder your insurance will fight for you. As far as what is covered as far as the boat is almost secondary in my opinion. I have my coverage with WakeZone they were cheapest on my boat.
          Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Who insures your Baja???

            I've got Progressive Direct and when I bought the boat they were the cheapest by a long shot. Over the past couple years I've checked to see if I could get it cheaper but being in the grate state of LA everyone is still higher than Progressive......I think it's right around $800/yr.
            GET'N WET
            Josh, Kaleb & Kage Louviere
            Houma, LA

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Who insures your Baja???

              Originally posted by DEEPSOUTH View Post
              I've got Progressive Direct and when I bought the boat they were the cheapest by a long shot. Over the past couple years I've checked to see if I could get it cheaper but being in the grate state of LA everyone is still higher than Progressive......I think it's right around $800/yr.
              I started with Progressive on my 33 and changed after 1 year. They were not competitive with Wake Zone.
              Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Who insures your Baja???

                I went with Stacy at Wake Zone. Great Prices but more importantly is the coverage.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Who insures your Baja???

                  Originally posted by Anchorman View Post
                  I started with Progressive on my 33 and changed after 1 year. They were not competitive with Wake Zone.
                  I tried Stacy year before last and she was a good bit higher than they are......so far no one has been cheaper.
                  GET'N WET
                  Josh, Kaleb & Kage Louviere
                  Houma, LA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Who insures your Baja???

                    Originally posted by DEEPSOUTH View Post
                    I tried Stacy year before last and she was a good bit higher than they are......so far no one has been cheaper.
                    Josh, you may want to try her again. If I remember right she has a better capacity to quote the riskier states, like FL LA TX MS
                    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Who insures your Baja???

                      Originally posted by Anchorman View Post
                      Josh, you may want to try her again. If I remember right she has a better capacity to quote the riskier states, like FL LA TX MS
                      Cool.......I'll hit her up later. It would be nice to save a lil coin.
                      GET'N WET
                      Josh, Kaleb & Kage Louviere
                      Houma, LA

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Who insures your Baja???

                        i have mine tied in with my house insurance and it runs me less than $300 a year and even this year when it renewed after getting them for $6000.00 3 weeks after getting the boat / policy for a complete outdrive it didnt go up a penny and it is with a stated value on the boat and trailer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Who insures your Baja???

                          We have State Farm for everything. No one has ever been close on the boat.
                          There are good ships, there are wood ships, there are ships that sailed the seas. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be!

                          Dave & Sheila Nye

                          Liquid Force

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Who insures your Baja???

                            Originally posted by Nightlife View Post
                            We have State Farm for everything. No one has ever been close on the boat.
                            State Farm had my 25 but when i bought my 33 they would not quote it. They are not writing new policies.
                            Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Who insures your Baja???

                              Originally posted by DEEPSOUTH View Post
                              I've got Progressive Direct and when I bought the boat they were the cheapest by a long shot. Over the past couple years I've checked to see if I could get it cheaper but being in the grate state of LA everyone is still higher than Progressive......I think it's right around $800/yr.
                              Same Here!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X