500efi Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500efi Upgrades

Whats the best setup/application to get a 500efi to a reliable turnkey 650hp?

Re: 500efi Upgrades

Put a sticker on it that says 650 HP and leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Busta View Post
      Put a sticker on it that says 650 HP and leave it alone.
      You should know me better than that Chris. I've only had one season I didn't have the motors out of my boat.

Comment

LMFAO CHRIS! HAHA!

Well Irish...there are these little blue bottles that spray this special gas...that would match your big blue motors...they would get you to 650 real quick....but probably only one pull outta them LOL!

Cams, flow the heads, port/polish intakes...ECU re-cal.....lots of fuel pressure.
        DAVE -N- KELI
        "NAUTI ONE"
        SPRING, TX.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTornado View Post
          Whats the best setup/application to get a 500efi to a reliable turnkey 650hp?
          Dave,

CAM, Flow the heads, Dump the valves and put in some tuliped swirlies maybe even stepup to a better head, beef up the valve train, and loose (if ya gottem... stock lifters), cleanup fuel delivery, and of course tune it. They'll be real reliable. 620 is an everyday number 650 is just a bump away. More important you pickup the torque numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by netsys View Post
            Dave,

CAM, Flow the heads, Dump the valves and put in some tuliped swirlies maybe even stepup to a better head, beef up the valve train, and loose (if ya gottem... stock lifters), cleanup fuel delivery, and of course tune it. They'll be real reliable. 620 is an everyday number 650 is just a bump away. More important you pickup the torque numbers.
            Sounds like we need to talk some #'s on what you just described. I'd want to upgrade to aluminum heads keep the stock intake.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTornado View Post
              Sounds like we need to talk some #'s on what you just described. I'd want to upgrade to aluminum heads keep the stock intake.
              X2
              Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Comment

Dave,

Thank GOD someone is finally talking about torque. I know I know nothing but as I have told anyone that will listen TORQUE moves a boat. To add to that a DYNO only measures TORQUE. Horse Power is just a math calculation. Move the torque curve higher and you go faster.
                NEVER ENUFF

Comment

Originally posted by INDY View Post
                  Thank GOD someone is finally talking about torque. I know I know nothing but as I have told anyone that will listen TORQUE moves a boat. To add to that a DYNO only measures TORQUE. Horse Power is just a math calculation. Move the torque curve higher and you go faster.
                  you need some low end torque to get the boat on plane as well.
                  Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Comment

Originally posted by INDY View Post
                    This is the same torque that is going to push that 25OL up into the 80's!!!!

Comment

When is your boat going to be done? You can worry about speed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith342 View Post
                        When is your boat going to be done? You can worry about speed later.
                        I'm already planning next winters upgrades...It'll be done Sunday I HOPE!!!! I plan to have it on the water prop testing.

Comment

The fun begins at prop testing!

Do you have 28 & 30 pitch labbed? I cant imagine you would need more...

Actually, you might want to try 29 Mirage Plus - I am thinking about going back to 3 blades...

Comment

Dave,

Call Ben "The Motorman". Write a check or two. Although you don't have to call him, that's him up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith342 View Post
                              The fun begins at prop testing!

Do you have 28 & 30 pitch labbed? I cant imagine you would need more...

Actually, you might want to try 29 Mirage Plus - I am thinking about going back to 3 blades...
                              I have 28's labbed and 30's labbed I would never go back to 3 blades for the 1mph you loose it's not worth it IMO to stay hooked up...

Comment

Working...
                              X