Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

29 OL Fairing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 29 OL Fairing

    Looking for a 29 OL Fairing... White or Clear is fine...

    Thanks!
    DAVE -N- KELI
    "NAUTI ONE"
    SPRING, TX.

    "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

  • #2
    Re: 29 OL Fairing

    good luck finding any pieces like that, you have a newer one so it can be even harder because there seems to be no salvage yards even with the older ones....ill be posting a pic here of my valance (its a fairing) i beliee that is the part you are talking about. took me a year. I finally tracked a 96 272 down and the guy kindly let me splash mold the iece. which i kept the mold! if its the piece and it fits let me know. ill be posting it as soon as i can...Tom

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 29 OL Fairing

      Originally posted by flyingdoc2 View Post
      good luck finding any pieces like that, you have a newer one so it can be even harder because there seems to be no salvage yards even with the older ones....ill be posting a pic here of my valance (its a fairing) i beliee that is the part you are talking about. took me a year. I finally tracked a 96 272 down and the guy kindly let me splash mold the iece. which i kept the mold! if its the piece and it fits let me know. ill be posting it as soon as i can...Tom
      The Outlaw Models are different and actually the 29OL was the only model with this style fairing on it.

      The 272 and 302 share the same fairing which I have one in a crate complete that I'm holding onto as I searched for 2yrs and then finally found 2. Looking forward to your pics.

      Here is a picture of the one I have complete.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 29 OL Fairing

        Originally posted by IrishTornado View Post
        The Outlaw Models are different and actually the 29OL was the only model with this style fairing on it.

        The 272 and 302 share the same fairing which I have one in a crate complete that I'm holding onto as I searched for 2yrs and then finally found 2. Looking forward to your pics.

        Here is a picture of the one I have complete.
        sorry bout that i posted my pic in the fiberglass forum..its a valance, totally different piece..That piece you have doesnt look familiar on my boat..its a 96 272...where does that pice go?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 29 OL Fairing

          Originally posted by flyingdoc2 View Post
          sorry bout that i posted my pic in the fiberglass forum..its a valance, totally different piece..That piece you have doesnt look familiar on my boat..its a 96 272...where does that pice go?
          I believe its goes where you have your windshield.
          Brandon Taylor
          Reality Bytes

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 29 OL Fairing

            Originally posted by flyingdoc2 View Post
            sorry bout that i posted my pic in the fiberglass forum..its a valance, totally different piece..That piece you have doesnt look familiar on my boat..its a 96 272...where does that pice go?
            Yea it was offered as part of the Boss package. Here's before/after look..
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 29 OL Fairing

              Damn Dave, you don't see many of those laying around.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 29 OL Fairing

                Originally posted by JFMSportfish250 View Post
                Damn Dave, you don't see many of those laying around.
                Why I snagged it up. It's sitting in a crate waiting for a rainy day...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 29 OL Fairing

                  Originally posted by MRBAJA View Post
                  Looking for a 29 OL Fairing... White or Clear is fine...

                  Thanks!
                  Just sent mine out and I will let you know if they do a good job. Already mentioned that I may need two so we will see. If everything goes well I think you will like the price better than what you have found so far.
                  NEVER ENUFF

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 29 OL Fairing

                    Originally posted by INDY View Post
                    Just sent mine out and I will let you know if they do a good job. Already mentioned that I may need two so we will see. If everything goes well I think you will like the price better than what you have found so far.
                    What ever came of this?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 29 OL Fairing

                      Mine is done and will be shipped back this week and they now have a mold to do others. I think the company is about to become an advertiser on the site. They are great to deal with and think they will be able to help out others that are looking to replace broken wind screens for the 29 as well as people wanting to add or replace them on other models. They are sending me pics of the finished product and I will post them when I get them.
                      Last edited by INDY; 10-13-2010, 03:39 PM.
                      NEVER ENUFF

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 29 OL Fairing

                        I want to have mine done as well and I know Mike and I have talked bout it...just had a few things come up $$$ wise and can't do it now...and with how ugly October looks in the auto biz it may be a few months before I can even consider it.
                        DAVE -N- KELI
                        "NAUTI ONE"
                        SPRING, TX.

                        "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 29 OL Fairing

                          Originally posted by MRBAJA View Post
                          I want to have mine done as well and I know Mike and I have talked bout it...just had a few things come up $$$ wise and can't do it now...and with how ugly October looks in the auto biz it may be a few months before I can even consider it.
                          Did you get all the other issues worked out? What kind of speeds did you end up with?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 29 OL Fairing

                            Most of the bugs are worked out Wayne...76-77 I am guessing....Don't have the GPS Speedo hooked up yet but I hung with a 30 with HO's WOT...pulled him going one way...he pulled me going the other... But all that and still only 4800-4900 RPM 1/2 fuel, 2-peeps. Going to get my 26's worked since my rev-limiters are bumped to 5300. I am thinking after fixing the gel-coat issues on the bottom and tweaking I will gain a few more.
                            DAVE -N- KELI
                            "NAUTI ONE"
                            SPRING, TX.

                            "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 29 OL Fairing

                              Originally posted by INDY View Post
                              Mine is done and will be shipped back this week and they now have a mold to do others. I think the company is about to become an advertiser on the site. They are great to deal with and think they will be able to help out others that are looking to replace broken wind screens for the 29 as well as people wanting to add or replace them on other models. They are sending me pics of the finished product and I will post them when I get them.
                              Mike, where is this place located? And who is the company? It would be great to have one made for a 272.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X