91 baja 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 baja 240

my 454 runs good when you first get on it but when come back out of it and try to hammer it again it like it loeses power does anybody know and when you get up to 60 and start trimming the boat start jumping up and down
    Last edited by gator46; 09-08-2013, 11:15 AM.

Re: 91 baja 240

Cant help you with the power issue with that info.

The bounce is called pourpoise and it is a common thing. It can be diminished by tabs, trim angle and prop setup.
    There are good ships, there are wood ships, there are ships that sailed the seas. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be!

Dave & Sheila Nye

Liquid Force

Comment

Originally posted by Nightlife View Post
      Cant help you with the power issue with that info.

The bounce is called pourpoise and it is a common thing. It can be diminished by tabs, trim angle and prop setup.
      thanks

Comment

I have the same boat, even the same year, and mine does it if i trim too much, but I just put my tabs down a touch and it really helps, my boat has the 502, but I have never had the problem you are explaining

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
        Last edited by twaage; 10-02-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gator46 View Post
          my 454 runs good when you first get on it but when come back out of it and try to hammer it again it like it loeses power does anybody know and when you get up to 60 and start trimming the boat start jumping up and down
          Sounds like a fuel issue is my first guess.When you say get on it and come back out of it,how hard and how fast are you doing this?If the engine is carburated,you could be having some sort of fuel slosh issue in the float bowl,changing the attitude of the boat quickly could cause that.This could also be an issue in the fuel tank also,where the pickup is.Does it do it all the time,or only when the tank is not full?How long does it take it to recover and power back up?A deteriorated fuel line,or weak fuel pump could do the same thing.Another problem could be a vapor lock condition,caused by heat.As far as jumping up and down,my boat used to do the same thing when trimmed out for top speed based on GPS.Trim it up or down,boat slowed down.After rebuilding engine and adding some HP,engine runs 200 rpm higher than it did and boat no longer porpoises at WOT.Also went to a Laser II prop,same pitch,now she will chine walk.Bottom line is there is less boat in the water at speed,stern lift,and boat no longer goes up and down,also spinning prop at higher rpm than before.Another consideration with your power loss issue could also be ignition timing.How many hours are on the engine?Has it had a recent tune-up?If you could give me some speeds and rpm's at which this stuff is happening I might be able to help you more,also keep any eye on your temp gauge,is it getting hot?

Comment

Working...
          X