280 sport hull design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280 sport hull design

I love my 1989 sport 280, but it is time to get a newer boat. I love the way my boat handles the waves in Green Bay WI. Does anyone know anything about the hull design on the sport 280 that would help me pick out a future newer boat with a similar design.

Re: 280 sport hull design

Originally posted by jacobsst View Post
    I love my 1989 sport 280, but it is time to get a newer boat. I love the way my boat handles the waves in Green Bay WI. Does anyone know anything about the hull design on the sport 280 that would help me pick out a future newer boat with a similar design.
    If your wanting the same hull but bigger and newer the 370 or 420 are your only options and both those models where discontinued in 1992

Comment

The 32 Magnum/Caliber/Outlaw ( 92'-97') is a good riding boat....it doesn't have the
      same style of wind screen as the 280, it has a fairing and it doesn't have the molded on style of swim platform.

After that came the 33 outlaw

I don't think a 29 O/L or a 302 is much of a jump from what you have.
      Last edited by JaayTeee; 08-17-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JaayTeee View Post
        The 32 Magnum/Caliber/Outlaw ( 92'-97') is a good riding boat....it doesn't have the
        same style of wind screen as the 280, it has a fairing and it doesn't have the molded on style of swim platform.

After that came the 33 outlaw

I don't think a 29 O/L or a 302 is much of a jump from what you have.
        I'd say 29OL and 302 are same just more modern.

Comment

Working...
        X